10 Best Tires for Lifted Trucks to Boost Your Off-Road Experience in 2021
Lifted trucks project a driver’s wild spirit and enthusiasm for extreme off-road adventures. What defines lifted trucks is their appearance and the fact that they are far from the ground. But believe it or not, this is often not the main reason why drivers decide to lift their vehicles. A lifted truck provides a better view of the road ahead, meaning that it improves safety and the driver’s confidence. Additionally, lifted trucks have a higher ground clearance, which allows them to drive on uneven and bumpy terrain more conveniently. Therefore, they are an excellent choice for off-road duties, mud swimming and rock crawling activities. What a good off-road truck needs is a set of lifted truck tires. These can make a significant difference in the vehicle’s overall performance on trails, delivering an enhanced experience in extreme conditions. In this article, you’ll learn how to choose the best tires for lifted trucks, including the top 10 solutions for your off-road rig.
How to Select the Most Appropriate Tires for Lifted Trucks?The best set of tires for lifted trucks should deliver exceptional traction for off-roading. In addition, tires should deal with daily tasks seamlessly, particularly since a lifted truck won’t be able to handle them like a regular one. Moreover, a lifted truck undergoes an array of modifications throughout its lifetime, and it needs adequate rims and tires to sustain its weight. If you need a truck for off-road activities, including rock crawling, you will need to consider tough sidewall features, such as cut- and chip resistance. That way, your tires are less likely to get damaged. Another important factor to keep in mind is the budget. The market is flooded with different rims and tires for lifted trucks, and the prices vary from affordable to high-end. While budget-friendly models may be a more appropriate solution, the pricier solutions are often made from better-quality materials, delivering the utmost off-road performance. Even if you find the best lifted truck rims and tires, you need to ensure these are available in the right dimensions. More factors might impact your final decision, which is why our team of professionals has created the list of the 10 best lifted trucks tires to boost your off-road experience and enjoy your activities to the fullest.
Alpha Off-Road Shop in Valencia, CA Ensures Your Truck Can Handle Even the Roughest Off-Road AdventuresWe know how much your truck means to you, and we make sure you always have the best truck tires for rock crawling and other extreme off-road adventures. Our team of factory-trained mechanics can help you decide what tires to choose for your truck, replace, align, balance, and rotate your high-performance tires, ensuring a top-notch off-roading experience. Call us at (818) 599-9143 to make an appointment or fill out an online form.
Best Tires for Lifted Trucks
1. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar RadialMost off-road enthusiasts choose Goodyear Wrangler MT/R for its aggressive styling and impeccable off-road traction. With appropriate truck wheels this tire enhances your truck’s aesthetic appearance and overall performance, making your vehicle suitable for mud terrain. The advanced mud-flow geometry tread pattern allows outstanding traction in deep mud, ensuring top-notch experience on bumpy terrain, dirt, and gravel. This truck tire is incredibly tough and durable but can be pretty noisy at higher speeds.
Excellent traction in mud Suitable for rock crawling Exceptional on-road and off-road performance Convenient for dry and wet conditions Tough and durable.
Noisy on the street and at high speeds.
Price range: $239.00 – $610.00.
2. Cooper Discoverer STT ProCooper Discoverer STT Pro is the best tire for lifted trucks for those seeking excellent performance at a reasonable price. You will be enchanted by its mud traction and the ability to go through deep mud easily. It also provides outstanding traction over large rocks and on hardpacked surfaces. It is surprisingly quiet on the road, given its aggressive tread pattern and robust appearance. As a result, it provides an outstanding ride quality and commendable traction on dry and wet surfaces. However, it doesn’t perform very well on snow and ice.
Excellent traction in deep mud Incredibly quiet Great traction and stability on rock terrain Relatively affordable Great dry and wet traction.
Traction on snow and ice needs improvements.
Price range: $161.00 – $482.00.
3. Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Radial TireIf you seek lifted truck tires that perform well on- and off-road, Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Radial Tire should be your go-to choice. This tire is an amalgam of aggressiveness and comfort, allowing you to enjoy the street ride or deep mud. You will love a seamless movement on paved ways, a balanced void ratio that removes mud and dirt from the tire, and top-notch off-road performance free from noise and discomfort. It performs well on all types of terrains, delivering sturdiness and extended durability.
Excellent on- and off-road performance 3-ply sidewall that brings durability No noise Enhanced stability Mud clearance feature.
According to truck owners, this tire doesn’t perform well on hard-pack snow.
Price range: $234.00 – $1,239.00.
4. Nitto Ridge Grappler TiresRidge Grappler is another Nitto’s model with an aggressive tread design that allows you to drive over muddy, rocky, sandy, or snowy terrains. Its innovative style provides a comfortable and quiet ride while delivering impressive traction. It is an all-terrain tire option convenient for off-road aficionados enjoying adventures on rough surfaces. It channels water successfully, while stone ejectors at the bottom prevent stone drilling.
Excellent wet and dry traction The best towing performance so far Impressive off-road traction Extended durability and tread life Easy to handle on the open road.
Not the best solution for heavy deep mud.
Price range: $185.00 – $741.00.
5. Kumho Road Venture AT51Kumho Road Venture AT51 is one of the quietest tires for lifted trucks you can have at a reasonable price. Thanks to the circumferential tread blocks on the inside shoulder, this truck tire can deal with either wet or dry conditions, including icy and snowy roads you can hit with confidence. Kumho Road Venture AT51 is an excellent all-season performance tire truck owners tend to choose due to sleek aesthetics and styling that won’t compromise the overall ride quality.
Paramount off-road traction Outstanding performance in wet and winter conditions Top-notch treadwear Great value for the money Excellent for muddy job sites and rural gravel roads.
Very deep mud traction.
Price range: $119.00 – $289.00.
6. BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 is a high-performance tire for off-road enthusiasts seeking maximum traction for their SUVs, jeeps, and 4x4s. It features a wider footprint, increased traction, and other premier characteristics that make your ride smoother and quieter. With this set of tires for lifted trucks, you can go through any terrain and deal with any obstacles on the road. Thanks to its larger voids, you can fully enjoy the self-cleaning capabilities, while its heavy-duty sidewall lugs deliver increased traction when climbing rocks.
Impeccable off-road performance in any terrain Responsive steering Exceptionally quiet Great tread life Impressive mud traction.
You need to be careful on wet, snowy, or icy roads.
Price range: $230.66 – $284.89.
7. Mickey Thompson Baja ClawWe can agree that Mickey Thompson is a synonym for off-road driving. These off-road tires deliver top-notch performance to all the enthusiasts enjoying the ride over rocks and mud terrains. We highly recommend the Baja Claw model, designed specifically for rock crawling. It does not provide the best stability and traction on the highway, but its design is packed with other benefits, including impressive off-road durability and performance. You will be impressed by these big tires for trucks’ aggressive tread patterns, traction, and other great capabilities.
Great rock crawling traction Excellent performance in mud terrain Suitable for driving over hardpacked surfaces Durable bias-belted construction Convenient for light snow.
Not convenient for the street.
Price range: $329.99 – $999.99.
8. Federal Couragia M/T Radial TireIf you are looking for sturdy lifted truck tires for your Jeep or Dodge, why don’t you take a look at Federal Couragia M/T Radial Tire? It is available in 28 different sizes, allowing you to find an adequate one for your truck. This set of tires has been designed for the best traction, making it one of the best choices for even the roughest off-road conditions. It is also convenient for snow and snowy peaks, delivering an excellent grip while driving on such surfaces.
Designed for a seamless off-road drive Impressive traction on dirt, rock, mud, and gravel Excellent grip on snowy peaks Top-notch performance on different terrains Outstanding tread design.
An excessive amount of noise on the highway.
Price range: $227.06 – $254.64.
9. Maxxis Bighorn Radial TireYou will love the exceptional traction provided by the Maxxis Bighorn’s tread pattern and wide footprint. Its large shoulder lugs help to protect the sidewalls, while solid-raised white lettering delivers an attractive look. With the Maxxis Bighorn tire set, you will experience exceptional ride quality and comfort and a much smoother ride over rough trails. Additionally, this is the best tire for lifted trucks suitable for desert, dirt, and rock applications.
Smooth ride Great value for money Suitable for paved surfaces All-season tires An impressive choice for snow and harsh winter conditions.
These tires are a bit heavy.
Price range: $163.50 – $214.50.
10. General Grabber X3General Grabber X3 is available at a great price. It is packed with excellent qualities and features that enhance your off-road experience. It can handle all the rocks and obstacles, delivering a smooth and comfortable ride even in the roughest terrains. It can be one of the best choices for rock crawling and terrains with deep mud. However, it doesn’t have the best on-road dynamics, and it might not be the best solution for those who want to drive on the streets.
Outstanding traction in deep mud Performs well on rocks Works great over gravel and dirt Budget-friendly Durable and tough.
Poor on-road dynamics and excess noise.
Price range: $176.00 – $503.00.
Lifted Truck Tires FAQs
How Often Should I Have My Tires Balanced?
Heavy-duty trucks and SUVs may require more frequent balancing depending on the amount of off-road activities. Balancing is essential for the driver’s and the vehicle’s safety because unbalanced tires may provoke suspension wear.
How to Recognize the Signs of Unbalanced Tires?
If you think that your tires might be unbalanced, check for the following signs:
- Uneven tread wear
- Poor fuel economy
- Extreme steering wheel vibration
- Vibration in the seats
- Vibrations that aggravate at higher speeds.
How Often Should I Rotate My Tires?
It is recommended to rotate your off-road tires every 6,000 to 8,000 miles. That way, you can prolong their lifespan and prevent uneven tread wear. You won’t go wrong by rotating your tires on every 3,000 miles for increased longevity.